Re: [IP] Lifescan "Fast Take" Meter

In a message dated 5/21/98 11:13:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Yeah, I called.. they said no such promotion.. but I had to wait for ever
>  and the phone rep felt bad that I had to wait and sent me one anyway....  I
>  would not recommend calling and asking for a free meter, I think someone
>  just made that up.
>  Forrest
As I understood my instructions from Sue -- and thank you very much, Sue -- we
were to let them know we were good customers of Lifescan, which I did.  This
morning I called the 800 number on the back of my Profile meter.  There was no
wait. I told the rep what a good  customer I was and backed it up with facts
and figures.  No questions.  She said I will receive a Fast Take meter by next
Tuesday.  She also said the new meters where now on sale, but some of the
dealers have not received a supply of strips yet.  25 strips come free with
the free meters.  Remember, Lifescan is a large company.  If you don't hit it
off with one customer rept, just call back later and talk to another one.  If
you get the same one, hang up and call on another shift.   GLENN
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted