[IP] Re: ?'s 507 pump case

If you are looking for something for an active 5 year old, I wouldn't
recommend the sport guard.  It is bulky and can be difficult for small
hands to put on/take off.  The child would have to remove the case in
order to give insulin or check the pump.  I just think that it is rather
awkward and I would reserve it for swimming, ect.  I generally wear my
pump in a neopyrene case when I am going to be active.  You can get
neopyrene from wetsuits, or knee braces, ect.  I had to make the case
myself (I wonder why no one else is making one).  The case protects the
pump from minor bumps and drops as well as protecting it from dust,
water, and chemicals.  It is far less bulky than the sportguard, and
alot more comfortable.  When I made the case I designed it similar to
the leather mini-med case, and cut a small slit in the back so that I
can attach the clip to the back of the pump and clip it onto my shorts.
I just bought an extra large neopyrene knee brace and cut the pieces
out.  If you wanted to try this, but aren't a good seamstress, drop me a
line and I can send more detailed instructions or help.