Re: [IP] Going on pump ... one of these days.

At 10:41 PM 5/22/98 -0400, John wrote:

>*wait*.  ( PU! )  I assume they'll also cover my training, hospital
>stay?,.suplies, etc
>associated with getting the pump, and my using it.  Certainly hope so.

You might have to fight a little harder for pump training coverage. For
some reason, this is quite variable among different insurance companies. I
had full coverage for pump, supplies and all the little things. I have full
coverage for pump batteries, which many companies won't pay for. We fought
like cats and dogs over a $700 fee for "pump training".

I was able to finally speak to a very pleasant and concerned auditor at the
insurance company. She took the time to reference the section in the
"manual" which indicated that they *would definitely* pay for the pump
training. I made the mistake of not writing down the specific citation info
from the manual when she gave it to me. She brought my case to her
supervisors, called me back to tell me that they were obligated to pay for
the training, per the manual. When I called her back the next day, this
knowledgeable, gracious person was "no longer there" and no one would speak
any further about the training reimbursement.

The moral of this little story is: Write *everything* down, no matter how
trivial it may appear at the moment. It might come in very handy some time

Bob Burnett

mailto:email @ redacted
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted