[IP] What do you make of this?

Hi Laurel,

I have been pumping for about 7 weeks now and I found the 1st week of
pumping very hard emotionally as you have stated. My control was great but
I was having a hard time adjusting to being attached and had a
semi-emotional breakdown on about Day #3 or 4. I called my CDE/Nurse and
asked her how long it took most people to emotionally adjust and she said 6
weeks to 3 months. When I asked her if my 'emotional breakdown' the night
before was normal, she laughed and said 'yes' (as I was also kind of
laughing when I asked her). Hearing this made me feel a lot better. I, as
well started to feel guilty because we paid out of pocket for my pump and I
thought "Oh, this is just great after spending all this money". After I had
a couple of days off that week-end to relax and get more adjusted to pump
life I swore I was a pump lifer because I suddenly loved it to death,
especially after missing my first lunch in my life and not having a

I don't know if I have helped you at all, but my advice is to hang in there
and weigh out the pros and cons of MDI vs. Pumping. I think you'll find
Pumping will win.

Bye for now,

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted