Re: [IP] set changes

At 07:16 PM 5/21/98 EDT, you wrote:
>I've now been on the pump 1 week and am impressed with how good my numbers
>are.  I have changed the set twice and have had problems both times.  My BS
>immediately started going up and I changed the set 3 times each before I
>get it back under control.  Its very frustrating since I am following the
>by the letter and I am a nurse, so I know how to fill a syringe etc.  Is it
>just because I don't know what I 'm doing, or what??  I dread the thought of
>the next set change!!  It has really helped me gain confidence reading these
>letters from others pumpers!

This might have to do with stress more that infusion set problems per say.
When I first started on my pump I would have great sugars except on the
days when I changed the set.  I just got myself so stressed out over the
process that before I would have the nerve to put the set in,  I would
stand at the bathroom sink and literally shake for a half hour or so.  Once
I had been on the pump for about two months and was more used to the set
changes,  the problem cleared up on its own... could you be experiencing
something similar?

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted