Re: [IP] What do you make of this??

In a message dated 5/21/98 6:27:14 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> But I feel like there is
>  something more here . . . and I further feel that it has something to do
>  with my becoming a pumper.
>  Can any of you good folks think of a reason why I would feel depressed over
>  my transition to the pump?  Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Perhaps it is because you are now carrying a very physical reminder of the
fact that you have diabetes.  I can remember being very melancholy for the
first week that I had the pump.  While I was thrilled with the improved bg's,
I don't recall the "euphoria" feeling. I guess I felt that "this is it" I
really do have diabetes, the past seven years hadn't been a bad dream after
all.  I kept to myself quite a bit that week, trying to become comfortable
with everything and then slowly started showing my pump to other people.
After I got used to it, I felt better. Almost 16 months later, I don't give it
a second thought and often forget I have it on and that others may notice it
and be curious.  And now I even feel euphoric at times because of the
advantages the pump has given me.

Give it some time, and try to keep your head above water in the meantime.

Mary Jean
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted