[IP] when did blood testing meters come out?

> John Huff wrote:
> I got my first meter some 10 yrs ago.  I *assume* they had just arrived...

I got my first blood glucose meter when I was diagnosed, in August 1983. It
was an "Ames Glucometer" -- quite a bit bigger than, say, the One Touch 2.
I was also started on Human insulin, and I remember being told that one of
those 2 (home bg testing and human insulin) was introduced in early 1983,
but not which.

When did home bg meters first become available? How about human insulin?

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted