Re: [IP] Shocked!!

In a message dated 5/21/98 8:39:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< " Remember Wendy, as long as at least 50% of your blood sugars are
 within target that's good." !!!!!!!! I was stunned! You mean for all these
 years I have been fretting  and worrying when I only had to get half o.k.?!?

Wendy....You don't indicate at which point in time your BG's were in those
high number ranges.  Remember you are still in the fine tuning stage at this
point and those numbers should improve.  There is also the excitement factor
and nervousness of starting something new that can also affect the numbers.
It sounds to me that your endo is conservative in his approach and that is
good in many situations.  Your body will adjust  much better to this new
therapy when the BG's come down slower instead of getting them all perfect
very early and putting you at risk for hypo's   Compare your BG's on the pump
with your control before the pump and see if the big picture is improving.
Work with your endo and give the BG numbers and bolus amounts as often as
requested, so adjustments can be made safely.  Hang in there.  Try to think
like a pancreas if you can.  You are new to this process, and it will take a
little time to get where you need to be.  As for 50% of your numbers being
within range....hopefully that will get better..Remember that the  target
numbers after meals are higher then the target numbers before meals.  I hope
this helps.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted