Re: [IP] Diabetic Gene

Cheryl Phipps wrote:
 I remember reading a number of years ago now,
> about a young boy who died with IDDM, and they discovered a virus that they named
> "Cocksakie B 4," or something to that effect.

I remember it as Coxsackie B. It's named after the city in New Jersey where they
found it.

 And they believed at that time that
> that was the virus that had caused the boy's sudden attack of IDDM, and then his
> subsequent death.  Does anyone remember reading about that?

Yes, it's been bounced around a fair bit here and elsewhere. According to
I've seen it isn't ONLY Coxsackie B, but many viruses share the problem, too
of them look too much like Beta cells for our good. Myself I was suffering from
what they THOUGHT was strep throat when I developed Type 1.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 42 years
send the next two lines in a message