Re: [IP] Diabetic Gene

Hi,  Cheryl Phipps here,  I remember during my childhood I had different types of
viruses frequently, including different types of "measles" type rashes, always
associated with malaise and fever, lasting about 3 days.  I had that at least 3 or
4 times, also the rubeola, and rubella.  Then about 3 years before the diabetes
struck me at age 14 I developed what my doctor called a "virus throat."  His son
also had this problem.  They were trying at the time a set of repeated
vaccinations for smallpox for this condition.  I had about 3 vaccinations, but I
stopped because they began making me ill.  So, I believe that either a combination
of the multiple viruses and the repeated smallpox vaccinations, or just the
viruses or vaccinations alone, could have triggered that reaction where my body
decided to reject my beta cells.  I remember reading a number of years ago now,
about a young boy who died with IDDM, and they discovered a virus that they named
"Cocksakie B 4," or something to that effect.  And they believed at that time that
that was the virus that had caused the boy's sudden attack of IDDM, and then his
subsequent death.  Does anyone remember reading about that?