Re: [IP] skin integrity

Kim,

After 17 years on the pump and 21 years of diabetes I have lots of scars and
still a touch of the hypertrophy from when I was a kid.  The infection leave
scar tissue and once and a while they are unavoidable.  The smaller they are
and the faster they are treated, the fewer tell tale signs remain down the
line -- they take between a month and ten years to stop showing -- I have no
idea why such a long time variation.  It may have something to do with where
they are.  The bumps should go away.  If they are not, you may need to
insert insulin deeper or change more often.  Hypertrophy is caused by an
allergic reaction to insulin.  People react differently but fewer people
have allergies to synthetic human insulin than do to animal insulin.  If
your daughter is having that problem you may want to simply try other
insulins.  Most people 9not everybody, but the majority) can find an insulin
their body likes and it tends to work a lot better.