Re: [IP] talk @ brain damage...

> John, a small question I've been meaning to ask here:
> When you have it clipped to your belt, do you have the
> LuerLok hose connection above the pump or below it?
> I always have mine below, faced DOWN, so any incidental
> air bubbles in the syringe go up to the plunger, rather than
> up into the hose.

Hi. Thanks for your thoughts! I tried wearing it pointing down, put I
found it was too much trouble with all the extra tubing looping back up.

My little bubble problem seems to have resolved itself. The Regular
insulin I was using was Novo Actrapid. I recently changed to Lilly
Humulin S, and it no longer seems to foam as badly as it did before. I
have no more Novo Actrapid left so I can't really test this theory

I switched to the Lilly insulin since my endo was asking his "friend" at
Lilly about possible problems with the H&R mix. Obviously they could
only comment on the issues involved in mixing their own insulins.
Officially they have never tested mixing Humalog with Regular, but we're
still waiting for their unofficial comments. I wanted to know if it was
acceptable to pre-mix H&R in its own bottle to make refilling the pump
quicker and simpler. There is a theoretical possibility that over a
period of time (ie longer than the week we have the two mixed in the
pump cartridge) the two insulins could interfere with each other.

I'll certainly report back here if I hear anything. Bill VanA at Minimed
had nothing to say on the matter.

mailto:email @ redacted

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted