[IP] (IP) Does anyone feel the way I do - Kerry

I usually just browse through the messages in here, but one caught my eye and I just felt I had to respond.

Kerry,
Having diabetes is a constant struggle and when you put marriage, children, work on top of it it gets very tough.  I went through major depression about 4 years ago when I lived in CA - I separated from my husband, lost my job, felt that there was no reason for living, even though I had a beautiful daugher who was 3 at that time, I felt she would be better off if I wasn't around.

I have been on many different anti-depressants - it has taken a long time but I feel wonderful - I can deal with whatever it is I have to deal with.  Right now I am on a combination of Wellbutrin and Synthroid.

You know how you feel when you are not taking care of your diabetes - how you just think this is the way I am going to feel for the rest of my life.  Then you start taking control and realize that you can really feel good.  It is the same thing.  I know for myself I will never get to that point again - no matter what.  Take the first step go to a psychiatrist you too can feel great.  You will be in my prayers.