Re: [IP] What does this mean??

StaceyV wrote:
> When I was giving myself a bolus last night, I could feel stinging where the
> sof-set was in my abdomen.  I didn't really pay attention to it, but a couple
> of hours later it really started bothering me.  When I checked the site there
> was blood in the tube, almost all the way up tho the release part.  I
> immediately changed the site, but I was wondering why that happened on the 2nd
> day of connection, and not immediately after inserting the catheter.
I suspect it was almost all the way through the fat layer, real close to hitting
the underlying muscle when you inserted it. Sometime later it got pushed in a
deeper by some means, such as bending over and catching it in a fold of skin.

> Also....why did that happen at all???

Because SofSets go straight in, and may be in too deep for some places. I use
Comfort (aka Tenders or Silhouettes) to avoid that, since I have a nearly
non-existent fat layer.

Ted Quick

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted