[IP] Plastic vs metal catheters

     I started on the 'standard' metal caths 18 years ago and QUICKLY
     (within a year) HAD to swap to something else.  Apparently, some
     people (10%?) are allergic to the nickel in stainless steel!!
     I got a set of luer lock tubes and luer lock teflon IV caths and
     survived with these until autosyringe or one of the other companies
     woke up and made teflon catheters.
     I seem to remember being told that problem with short sets is the
     depth of insert.  Since almost all of us insert the caths at an angle
     (and with the tenders I use a HUGE angle) I find it a little hard to
     believe they couldn't make 'em shorter and just tell us to go straight
     Oh well: try complaining to Minimed et al.  THey seem to be stuck on
     researching their NEWEST toys (some of which are actually interesting)
     rather than fix an almost working product.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted