[IP] What does this mean??

When I was giving myself a bolus last night, I could feel stinging where the
sof-set was in my abdomen.  I didn't really pay attention to it, but a couple
of hours later it really started bothering me.  When I checked the site there
was blood in the tube, almost all the way up tho the release part.  I
immediately changed the site, but I was wondering why that happened on the 2nd
day of connection, and not immediately after inserting the catheter.
Also....why did that happen at all???
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted