Re: [IP] Does anyone feel the way I do

Kerry,

I think I had problems similar to the one's Brian has described you having for a
period of time.  It got very slowly but steadily worse over about 4-5 years and
then I spent about 2 years in hell and a year getting things back together.  I
never thought I would live 2 or 3 more years much less be under relatively good
control again.  It was until the end of that period that anyone even recognized
gastroparesis as a legitimate problem!   I remember feeling like I was the
worlds worst, most ineffective, bad, and needy person b/c I was always ending up
in the ER or with the paramedics or something similarly sceneful.  It is
dreadful!

The good news though is that research shows that some of the damage can be
reversed and I guess I can testify to that.  I still have a much harder time
than most diabetics staying in control but I haven't been in the ER in 2 years
and have had only one hypo where I needed help from my husband in the last
year.  It is a really hard road and you are at the very hardest part.  Just
please don't give up!

If you would prefer a less public conversation you are welcome to e-mail me
personally.  Unfortunately I am leaving the country for one month on Friday but
if you catch me before than and I can help at all I would be happy to -- I can't
promise a solution but at least I've been there too.  Please don't give up!!

Ruth