Re: [IP] certification programs.....

In a message dated 5/15/98 11:00:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<   Have you ever considered teaching?  >>
Lori... about half of my time is spent teaching staff, either in a classroom
or on the nursing units when I do inpatient consults.  I also teach in a
program sponsored by WV diabetes educators, in cooperation with a grant from
the West Virginia diabetes control program, where the focus is to educate
enough professionals in the state to help our diabetes population.   WV is #6
in the nation with number of people with diabetes (both types). I did the
pathopysiology lecture on Thursday.  It was very satisfying to me when someone
came up to me at the break and actually thanked me for explaining the
difference between Type 1 and Type 2. Sometimes, my week gets so hectic and I
think I should be twins.  Projects coming up include education for school
personnel.  My plan here is to focus on having teachers and school nurses
develop a plan to be used for managing low blood sugar emergencies at school.
I also have a plan for education of nursing staff at diabetes camp.  So, you
can see that I am involved in education.  Thanks for your kind words.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted