email @ redacted wrote:

> Kim, the pump companies have a monopoly.  ONce you have decided to buy one,
> you are hooked.  They may listen if enough people complain, suggest, or get
> organized, but it will take some time and effort.  Its' the same reason
> they don't sell the catheters, tubing, and syringes separately.  We're
> addicts (albeit happy ones for the most part), so we can't complain too
> much.  And it doesnt do much if we do.
> -wm
>
> <<<<Is there any reason why the pump companies aren't coming out with
> different sizes of silhouettes/comforts, as it sounds like so many have
> the same problem of little body fat?  There are syringes with short
> needles, so couldn't they make infusion sets shorter also?>>>>
>
> Wayne Mitzner
> Department of Environmental Health Sciences
> The Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health
> 615 N. Wolfe St.
> Baltimore, MD 21205
> Tel. 410 614 5446
> Fax 410 955 0299

> send the next two lines in a message
> info
> end
> to the e-mail address: email @ redacted

According to the newsletter I just received, Disetronic IS in fact
coming out with new sizes of infusion sets.

They are soon to introduce a new 6 millimeter "Rapid" set (apparently
these are the straight needles...NOT the cannulas.  The old "Rapid"s
were 8,10, or 12 millimeters.

Also, they are introducing a new "Tender" set with 21 inch tubing.

(DISETRONIC NEWS, Spring 1998, page 7)

Mike Maturen