Re: [IP] Question from a NON-Member doing some research

Susan,
I will start a new job on Monday.  Although I have done this several times,
I'm a bit more nervous than usual.  I probably should be less nervous, given
that I will be working for a large hospital -- but I want to take care of,
not be cared for.  I think that it was Ruth that commented that Pumpers need
to learn that we cannot always be in control of every aspect of life.  It's
a daily process for me and I think a delicate balance.  Where do you draw
the line between self responsibility and humanity?  I know that it is good
for all of us to allow others the luxury of caring for someone too, but we
still must maintain responsibility.

I basically live with a meter always on hand.  I'll be back on my feet
again, instead of cooped up at a computer all day.  Although I rejoice for
that, it will require lots of temp basal usage.  Even though I walk very
rapidly, it is not aerobic enough that I require my weird exercise basal
increases.  Walking has typically required a 30 to 100% (i.e.temp=0.0)
reduction in my basal.  I try to minimize the snacks, since food often makes
me feel nauseated -- I try to do enough blood sugars that I know where I'm
going, and if it is dropping too fast set a short temp=0.0.  Lunch I
typically keep as skim milk because it's liquid (the fact that my mom has
severe osteoporosis is also a factor) and doesn't affect the gastro as much
for me.  You're right, a nonD wouldn't have to think this through.  I'm glad
that I've been trained to be more observant and analytical though.  I hope
that I'm also compassionate without resorting to being sappy.  I think that
there are good things that I have become because of this ****** disease.
Take care,
Lori