Re: [IP] Re: ruth is right

In a message dated 5/15/98 1:20:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< he child was
 on the pump and about 3 years.  i kept thinking how was that child going to
 feel in 10 years about checking his bg.  do endos make parents feel like if
 their child has a 300 bg they are going to have bad complications or do
 parents just put this on themselves?  just curious.  ellen
 ---------------------------------------------------------- >>
We had an experience at camp where a mother wanted to sign in as a volunteer
in the kitchen.  We had to make a board decision to not allow any parents at
camp.  Both parents and child need a break and we have a large number of
dedicated nurses and doctors who volunteer their time at camp so the child can
have a camp experience. Anyway, one of the aunts then signed on as a
volunteer.  The  name being different, we did not catch on until it was time
for BG checks before dinner and the aunt " hovered " to make sure we were all
doing our job and taking care of any BG problems.  The next year, we had a
call from an high school teacher who volunteered to sign on as an sports
coordinator.  Well, she came highly recommended and references checked out
just fine.  turned out, she was another aunt of the same child.  She would
hover and cheer if the before meal BG's were "perfect".  I would hate to have
been this child.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted