To: email @ redacted
From: email @ redacted on 15, May 1998 12:49 PM
Subject: Re: [IP] speed of insulin
RFC Header:Received: by omnibus.ce.psu.edu with SMTP;15 May 1998 12:49:26
-0400
From: LNispumped <email @ redacted>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 12:47:58 EDT
To: email @ redacted
Sender: email @ redacted
sara,  i had to LOL at your post about changing basals with the moon and the
bus schedule or whatever.  that is exactly how i feel.  i have never had a
consistent pattern unless i do nothing all day and eat little--this is a very
tiresome disease.  i'm glad i'm strong or i would be tired all the time--kind
of like i was before the pump.  i have some advice about insulin speed
however.  my insulin has a slow onset time, even H.  R takes about an hour or
two and H takes1/2 to 1 hr.  unless i run and then it works fast.  if i wake
up with a hi bg like 300-400, i take H with a syringe directly in the muscle.
this makes the insulin work much faster.  i find i can bring my bg down very
quickly with this method.  my endo advised against it but it works so well for
me i still do it.  he also did not give me a convincing reason not to.  anyone
else do this?  ellen
send the next two lines in a message
info
end