[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V2 #290

Kim, the pump companies have a monopoly.  ONce you have decided to buy one,
you are hooked.  They may listen if enough people complain, suggest, or get
organized, but it will take some time and effort.  Its' the same reason
they don't sell the catheters, tubing, and syringes separately.  We're
addicts (albeit happy ones for the most part), so we can't complain too
much.  And it doesnt do much if we do.

<<<<Is there any reason why the pump companies aren't coming out with
different sizes of silhouettes/comforts, as it sounds like so many have
the same problem of little body fat?  There are syringes with short
needles, so couldn't they make infusion sets shorter also?>>>>

Wayne Mitzner
615 N. Wolfe St.
Baltimore, MD 21205
Tel. 410 614 5446