Re: [IP] Fast Take Meter & Tape

I'll have to do some more looking for more information on this new meter.
Do you know how it compares with the One-Touch Profile? I've been really
happy with my Profile... but the smaller blood samples and quicker response
would be nice too. Do these new meters take a different type of strip? That
would be of concern since I've hoarded about a 5-6 month supply here.

Thanks.

Sam

At 05/14/1998 - 05:32 PM Laurel & Wayne Sedgwick wrote:
>Sam:
>
>Lifescan must be pretty behind the times, because this meter is already
on
>the shelves!  Mine arrived today and looks *excellent.*  Very small,
takes
>a tiny amount of blood, only requires 15 seconds to produce a result, and
>has a 150-reading, time & date stamped memory (no downloading software
>necessary).  Not to mention, it's a very pretty slate-blue!  The only
thing
>I would change about it is storage of the strips: they're in a small
vial,
>and I would much prefer flat foil packaging because of its reduced bulk.
>
>But I'm certain this one is gonna replace my Precision QID, which in turn
>liked better than the Accucheck Advantage.  Of course, meters are
>definitely a YMMV item.
>
>The asking price at Kroger pharmacy was $78 for the meter and $33 for 50
>test strips.
>
>As for my tape problem, I managed to locate some Tegaderm and some
Hypafix.
> Also was told by a pharmacy employee that I'd be better off *not* to use
>S&N barrier wipes, as they contain alcohol.  She recommending a recently
>introduced brand whose full name escapes me . . . something, "kare."
>
>Hope some of this works.  Tuesday night tried my CDE's betadine barrier
>stuff with a Polyskin II on top.  All went well until I exercise-walked
>Wednesday noon--then it started itching real bad 'till I pulled it off.
It
>was damp (with sweat, I assume) underneath!  And I still have an
irritated
>red mark where it was, over a day after removing it!
>
>Wish me luck for tomorrow morning!
>
>--Laurel
>

>----------
>> From: Sam Skopp <email @ redacted>
>> To: email @ redacted
>> Subject: Re: [IP] In Quest of Alternate Tape
>> Date: Thursday, May 14, 1998 1:14 AM
>>
>>PS--Lifescan is sending me one of their new Fast Take meters for free,
>>and
>>would probably do the same for anyone who called to inquire.  I was
>>bragging about this list and the Lehigh list--bet that didn't hurt!>>>
>
>Does anyone know anything about this meter?? I just got off of Life
Scan's