[IP] Fast Take Meter & Tape

Sam:

Lifescan must be pretty behind the times, because this meter is already on
the shelves!  Mine arrived today and looks *excellent.*  Very small, takes
a tiny amount of blood, only requires 15 seconds to produce a result, and
has a 150-reading, time & date stamped memory (no downloading software
necessary).  Not to mention, it's a very pretty slate-blue!  The only thing
I would change about it is storage of the strips: they're in a small vial,
and I would much prefer flat foil packaging because of its reduced bulk.

But I'm certain this one is gonna replace my Precision QID, which in turn I
liked better than the Accucheck Advantage.  Of course, meters are
definitely a YMMV item.

The asking price at Kroger pharmacy was $78 for the meter and $33 for 50
test strips.

As for my tape problem, I managed to locate some Tegaderm and some Hypafix.
 Also was told by a pharmacy employee that I'd be better off *not* to use
S&N barrier wipes, as they contain alcohol.  She recommending a recently
introduced brand whose full name escapes me . . . something, "kare."

Hope some of this works.  Tuesday night tried my CDE's betadine barrier
stuff with a Polyskin II on top.  All went well until I exercise-walked
Wednesday noon--then it started itching real bad 'till I pulled it off.  It
was damp (with sweat, I assume) underneath!  And I still have an irritated
red mark where it was, over a day after removing it!

Wish me luck for tomorrow morning!

--Laurel

----------
> From: Sam Skopp <email @ redacted>
> To: email @ redacted
> Subject: Re: [IP] In Quest of Alternate Tape
> Date: Thursday, May 14, 1998 1:14 AM
>
>PS--Lifescan is sending me one of their new Fast Take meters for free,
>and
>would probably do the same for anyone who called to inquire.  I was
>bragging about this list and the Lehigh list--bet that didn't hurt!>>>

Does anyone know anything about this meter?? I just got off of Life Scan's
web page and there was no mention of the "Fast Take" meter. Just curious.

Thanks.

Sam

send the next two lines in a message
info