Re: [IP] Re: question

Becky A. Draper wrote:
> My daughter will be going on the pump soon and I heard that the
> insulin in the pump goes bad in 3 days when its summer time and
> hot.

That's really for Humalog, R or Velosulin don't seem to suffer
so much from the heat.

Does that mean we have to change the insulin in the pump
> more often or is there another way to beat the heat ?;)

I change my Humalog after it's been in the pump 2 days. The other
idea that some have trised successfully is to mix Humalog with
Velosulin or R in a set ration. People have said that 5 Humalog to 1
V or R seems to work for them, some use 4 to 1 or 3 to 1. Best tested
for yourself.

Ted Quick
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted