Re: [IP] Re: question

> My daughter will be going on the pump soon and I heard that the
> insulin in the pump goes bad in 3 days when its summer time and

Nope, the insulin is fine. The problem you have heard of is related
to absorbtion of insulin at the infusion site.

Some Humalog users (my daughter included) lose the ability ot absorb
the insulin after a few days (has nothing to do with the weather).
Strategies to combat this problem include more frequent site changes
or mixing Velosulin (regular) in smaller quantities with the Humalog,
or just sticking to Velosulin.  Many folks like Humalog (my daughter
does) because it can provide faster/better control so they are
willing to put up with the additional hassle involved if they happen
to suffer these site problems.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted