Re: [IP] (no subject)

In a message dated 5/13/98 5:35:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< >>>>I guess they are scared or stupid, don't know
 which. <<<<<
 YIKES Micheal!  Is that REALLY what you think of people who don't jump
 for the pump the way you did??  As it's been stated several times here
 since I joined.... the pump is NOT for everyone!  No point in trashing
 the person it's not right for!
 Melissa >>

Melissa and Mike,

The reason the pump isn't for everyone is that some people haven't looked as
closely at it as they should. We researched throught the internet...our old
endo was so anti-pump for kids that i got nowhere with her.(But then,that's
why she's now our OLD endo!!)

We attended a group after our endo visits where the question of pumps came up
and they were given the following description....."It's a mechanical
device(body language describing it as larger than it actually was) with tubing
that is inserted with a NEEDLE(again, emphasizing a very large size) that you
would need to insert into your child's stomache...."
I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

There were parents of newly dx'd kids there and this is a very reputable
institution, so why wouldn't they believe this description???Most people look
no further than their doctor for medical information anyway.

If it weren't for places like this mailing list and chat rooms like yours, I'd
probably be as ignorant about what insulin pumps truly are. I could have never
made an informed decision.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted