Re: [IP] I HATE THIS DISEASE!!!!!

Kasey,

When I page my pedi-endo he usually responds within 10 minutes even at 4am.I
feel he is the exception and I am sorry that the endo has not communicated
with you.

It sounds like your daughter had a stomach flu. This has happened twice to
Megan.We ck her bs and ketones and then proceed to give her about half of her
NPH dose and only enough H to bring her down if she is high. Then we give her
4 ounces of carbo every hour-we use coke(sipping slowly) We ck her bs every 2
hours until there is no more vomiting.

I ALWAYS,ALWAYS have phengran suppositories in my fridge,12.5 mg. ASk you
pedi-endo to call in at least 6 and keep them in the fridge!!!!

Hope this helps. I feel so glad that Megan has had D 4.5 years and has never
been in the hopsital since dx. I also feel it is very unlikely that your
daughter threw up from her bs being too high with neg ketones on the initial
check.\

GOOD LUCK_HANG IN THERE!!!

Judy C.