[IP] Elite meter

Wayne wrote,

<<From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: glucometer elite

Kim, I also use and like the Elite.  However, there is a potential
that the company knows about and seems trying to hide.   That is that
beep and countdown will often begin even when there is insufficient
This can (and does!) lead to inaccurate measurements.
        They literature says that for accuracy, the little square in the

strip must be filled with blood.  But the beep and countdown can begin
the square only half filled!  I now always check to see if the square is

filled, but never used to, because lots of us try to get by with shallow

finger sticks and as little blood as possible.  This is a real problem
that Bayer  is just not owning up to.   They should really recall the
out there, and replace them with units that don't start counting until
there is the correct amount of blood in the strip.    When I called
the woman on the phone just said that I should make sure the square was
filled, and that she hoped the next model would fix this problem.  No
to replace the ones I currently have.
- -wm>>>>

I never knew that!  Thanks for the enlightenment!

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted