Re: [IP] (no subject)

> YIKES Micheal!  Is that REALLY what you think of people who don't jump
> for the pump the way you did??  As it's been stated several times here
> since I joined.... the pump is NOT for everyone!  No point in trashing
> the person it's not right for!
I can agree with you if it is an adult making the decision for
themselves, but when it is an adult making the decision for their
child without ever exploring all the benefits including the
non-medical ones, I guess I'm a pump bigot. I only know of about 10
or 15 pumping kids but they share one thing in common. This

"I love my pump, I would never go back to shots"

By and large, the parents who will talk about it with me
think pumping is more difficult than shots, think very lightly of the
onerous schedule imposed on their kids by the sleep, shot, eat,
snack, shot..... etc routine. And can't comprehend the difference not
having to do this would make to a child.  Were talking parents who
are Phd's, etc here. Some of these parents have their kids on MDI and
are "thinking" about a pump. This thinking has gone on in the cases I
refer to for 2 - 3 years with no action.

I'm sorry if I sound to hard on these people, and I realize that it's
their children, not mine, but I really think it's stinky to put a kid
through the rigors of the 'schedule' when there is an alternative
whose side benefit is better control in the long run.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted