Re: [IP] EMLA Cream

In a message dated 5/13/98 2:31:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Do you have to have a perscription for it?????My endo
 nurse seems to think our Dr. will not let us use it for Spencer, 10,
 when we try the silouetts on May 26.  She says it is only for evasive
 procedures and that it must be applied 1/2 to 1 hour before insertion
 inorder to make the site numb.  We went round and round about the
 cream.  Any help you could give me would be great.
I have a few patients using EMLA.  I/2 to 1 hour is about right.  Bre sure to
wash the cream off the site or the tape may not stick well.  Inserting an
infusion catheter IS an invasive procedure.  Over time, the cream may cause
the skin to be tougher, according to some reports by users.  I don't really
have enough data on that response, to verify.  YMMV.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted