RE: [IP] Breakable resevoirs

Well, I just had this happen to me for the first time in over 5 years of
pumping.  At bedtime last night, my blood sugar was 565!  I had had a small
dinner but of foods that are unusual for me, but I didn't think I could have
mistaken the carbs by that much.  I took 8 units and went to bed.  A few
hours later I woke up having to go to the bathroom and incredibly thirsty.
I was at 530!  Then I took 8 units by injection and a couple of hours later
I was down to 380.  However I still didn't think to check the syringe in the
pump.  After a couple of more hours with it not going below 300, I finally
decided to change the set.  The top, narrow part of the syringe was about
80% sheared off!  The syringe and the tubing were empty except for the last
inch of tubing next to the needle was filled with blood.  In my case, when
the thing emptied, the suction must have pulled blood in instead of sending
the insulin into me, luckily.

I talked to Minimed and they are interested in seeing the broken syringe.
We'll see if they find anything.

- Jodi