[IP] EMLA Cream

I have a question for those of you who use the EMLA cream to insert your
or your child's infusion set.  How soon before you insert do you apply
the cream???  Do you have to have a perscription for it?????My endo
nurse seems to think our Dr. will not let us use it for Spencer, 10,
when we try the silouetts on May 26.  She says it is only for evasive
procedures and that it must be applied 1/2 to 1 hour before insertion
inorder to make the site numb.  We went round and round about the
cream.  Any help you could give me would be great.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted