Re: [IP] I HATE THIS DISEASE!!!!!

> no fever.  Called endo.  STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN A
> RESPONSE AND IT'S BEEN OVER 2 HOURS!  :(

There are several bugs going around that produce these symptoms
Don't over insulinize her. A good bg when she is sick and has trouble
holding down food is 150 - 200. I would use a target of 150 for
Lily under these circumstances. The last thing you want to do is
drive her low. Make sure you have glucose gel and tablets available.
They are relatively easy on the stomach and will bring up bg's
quickly if necessary. Other than that, she is just like any other
sick kid. You no the drill, fluids, maybe apple juice or seven up,
even the regular kind - she will need some carbo, you get keytones
from starvation!!. Just match with appropriate amounts of insulin
over time.

> Threw up again 15 minutes ago.  Nothing in her stomach now, so she
> doesn't need to pee.  Can't check ketones.  I'm going crazy.  We
> were so close to June 1st.  I'm sitting here thinking about the next
> few hours...can we get through this or are we going to end up in the
> hospital again?

Be calm.

Remember - fluids Fluids FLUIDS. Later maybe tomorrow or when she
starts to feel hungry, some chicken broth (no noodles or other
solids). Think MDI then NORMAL kid. Don't over react, you'll drive
your kid nuts too. Match the insulin to the carbo intake - fluids
Fluids FLUIDS.

Michael