Re: [IP] Sweets [was Casting Call]

Jay Watson wrote:
> <<<i am curious again.  am i the only diabetic here that can't eat
> anything i want even if i know how many carbs. are in the foods.  i
> tried eating pie and my bg went thru the roof.  i mentioned this to my
> dr.  he just said don't do it then.  i haven't found that the pump makes
> a difference on my being able to handle sweets.  ellen>>>
> ellen,
> I have had some similar experiences in that I find that some foods bely
> their measured carbohydrate content.  This could be a GI thing, or
> something else.  There have been times when I eat something (well
> outside my normal diet) and my bg doesn't respond "typically."
> No matter how good the pump system is (are), it cannot compete with a
> real pancrease.  But it does come in a strong second!
> I don't let it bother me; I just eat it when I feel like it (not too
> often), give it my best guess and in 2 hours see how I did and adjust
> accordingly.
> Jay
Hi Gang:

I've been on my Minimed 507 since Jaunuary, and for the most part I'm
happy with it. I'm still tring to find the right basals/boluses to meet
my needs, but it's looking better as time goes on. I've been seeing
these posts on sweets, and I felt I had to mention my own problems, and
see if anyone else has been in a similar situation.

Recently, I've bben seeing a disturbing trend in my BG's, whcih I'll be
showing my endo at my next visit.  I find that I have problems with
Chinese food, probably because of the spices. My big problem is that my
BG's jump about 150 points after I eat dinner, regardless of how much or
how little I eat. I try to eat foods that I can correctly bolus for.
Eating the same type of meal at lunch seems to cause a lower rise in

Could it be linked to the fact that we're less active after dinner? If
anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Amilcar Vazquez Jr., 934 Hardwick Avenue, Orlando, FL 32825-6639
mailto:email @ redacted (Off.) mailto:email @ redacted
http://www.sistemas.net (Off.) http://www.vazquez.net (Pers.)
ICQ:8907355 ICHAT:avazquez AOL AIM:AVazquez PAGOO:4078237733
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted