[IP] Sweets [was Casting Call]

<<<i am curious again.  am i the only diabetic here that can't eat
anything i want even if i know how many carbs. are in the foods.  i
tried eating pie and my bg went thru the roof.  i mentioned this to my
dr.  he just said don't do it then.  i haven't found that the pump makes
a difference on my being able to handle sweets.  ellen>>>

I have had some similar experiences in that I find that some foods bely
their measured carbohydrate content.  This could be a GI thing, or
something else.  There have been times when I eat something (well
outside my normal diet) and my bg doesn't respond "typically."

No matter how good the pump system is (are), it cannot compete with a
real pancrease.  But it does come in a strong second!

I don't let it bother me; I just eat it when I feel like it (not too
often), give it my best guess and in 2 hours see how I did and adjust

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted