Re: [IP] Basal increments

On 11 May 98 at 18:52, MADKT wrote:

> The statement below seems a little strange to me but I do use humalog. If I
> bolus, I must eat within 15 - 20 minutes to keep up with the insulin otherwise
> I'm shakin' and sweatin'. Granted it may still be working an hour later, it
> does start working much much sooner. Seems to me getting a little bit every 3
> minutes, verses a build up after an hour could make a tremendous difference
> (YMMV).
>       Katie

Really depends on your basal rate - most of the day I get a "hit"
every three to six minutes.  For an extremely low basal rate I'm not
sure how the D pump manages to accurately deliver dosages that are
less than would be forced out of the tubing when you bend it... the D
pump uses a variable pressure driver so they've probably got some
interesting mechanical and electrical gizmos in there...  but for
most of us a .1 unit hit every six to fifteen minutes isn't different
from a .05 hit every three minutes... especially given the absorption
time into the tissue from the bubble at the end of the catheter.

Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted