Re: [IP] Disconnecting

Wendy Anderson wrote:
> I think some people may have misunderstood what I meant in question about
> disconnecting.  I understand about being able to disconnect with the Tender
> set but what about the Comfort?

Tenders = Comforts, they're exactly the same thing packaged differently.

 I've been told you can't disconnect from
> them.

Wrong, exactly the same as the Tenders.

Well obviously you can, you just have to pull the needle right out,
> right?

No, Comforts have Teflon canulas just like the Tenders, and neither can be
put back in once you pull it.

 My question was if, while using the tender I decide to take the pump
> off for awhile, (for whatever):) can I put it back on using the same set or
> do I need to replace it with a new one?

Absolutely, that's WHY it has a quick disconnect, so you CAN disconnect and
connect up again. I do it with my Comforts all the time, usually 2 syringe
doses (about 100 units) per canula, and 4 per tube.

I have to tell everyone I started
> the pump yesterday! It was a great day! My numbers have never been so
> low!!!!!!  I think they have never been so good in all nine years I've had
> Diabetes!!!! AND for the very first time my urine showed no glucose!!
> Unbelievable!!!!! However I was hypo a few times during the night but I just
> spoke to my endo and we changed my basal a bit.  Thanks!!!!!!!  Wendy

Glad you got started fairly well and like so much, Wendy.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 42 years, MM506 pump with Comfort sets and Humalog
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted