Thought the info about the watch might interest some of you in California. Kasey
-- BEGIN included message
- To: email @ redacted, email @ redacted, email @ redacted, email @ redacted,email @ redacted, email @ redacted, email @ redacted, email @ redacted,email @ redacted, email @ redacted, email @ redacted, email @ redacted,email @ redacted
- Subject: DIABETES STUFF.........
- From: MOMMY 9193 <email @ redacted>
- Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 22:56:22 EDT
- Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com)GLUCOWATCH TESTERS IN CALIFORNIA ONLY Carolyn Biondo the nurse in charge of the testing procedures for the Contra Costa Medical Group, East Bay Clinical Trials Center. Cygnus is going to test a pre-release version of the Gluco Watch. The requirments are that you be on insulin and that you arrange to get to the Center prior to your test date for a physical by the lead Dr. They will also be testing your blood panel. The testing begins at 6:30 AM and continues till 9PM in the evening. For this you will earn a stipend of $300. Carolyn asked me to post a message for anyone who wants to participate and meets the criteria of insulin use. If you want more information and live in CA, or wherever, call Carolyn Biando at 925-687-8860/Fax is 925-687-1570. Carolyn said they are going to test 12 people per session. I do not know how many sessions there will be. FREE METER AND STUFFED ANIMAL For my two children with diabetes (and all our other pharmacy-related purchases) we use FIFTY 50 Pharmacy, the mail order pharmacy which gives half its profits for diabetes research (1-800-746-7505). Rick Lynch, the president, sent me this notice of FIFTY 50's free offer: Bayer is offering us the following: FREE Elite Meter and FREE Rufus Bear with purchase of 100 Elite test strips. And, we'll even file insurance for the strips (try that with Walmart -- Ha!) In case you have not seen him/her (there is a version of each), Rufus is the bear with diabetes--he/she has a gray ribbon, an id bracelet, hearts where paw sticks are done and patches where injections are rotated. She is adorable! And usually sells for about $25. FIFTY 50 Pharmacy takes private and public insurance, does the filing, and gives half its profits for diabetes research--the check to be given at the JDF conference this summer is around one and a quarter MILLION $$$!!! Call 1-800-746-7505 to find out about the free meter or for more information about FIFTY 50 Pharmacy.
-- END included message