Re: [IP] Basal increments

Here is a direct quote from the booklet "1998 Insulin Pump Awareness
Challenge" from MiniMed (copyrighted 1998).

"MiniMed pumps are designed to provide uninterrupted, consistent insulin
delivery.  The 507 delivers insulin in precise 0.1 unit doses ... a
rapid pulse, which could reduce the risk of blockage."

"Other Pumps attempt to deliver a variable quantity of insulin every
three minutes.  At low basal rates, delivery every three minutes is
virtually undetectable, and unlikely to effect a blockage."

I hope that maybe this information might help.

<< I was told by Jack Joy with MiniMed that "the 507 delivers insulin in
0.1 unit
increments, thus for 0.3 unit/hour, the 507 would 'pulse' once every 20
minutes"  In other words, regardless of your basal rate, the 507
delivers in
0.1 unit increments.  If you are on a 0.1unit/hour, you'd get delivery
once per hour.  He also said that "with the 507 you can use diluted
U-40, or U-50, which will give you more control over the basal
increments and
in which case the 507 will pulse more frequently".

You stated that the 507 pulses 1/10 of the basal insulin needed every 6
minutes, which is not what MiniMed states.  I'm not sure who is correct
but someone has bad information.  We were thinking of diluting Kayla's
since she will have very low basal rates, but if yours is the correct
"pulsing" information, I'd like to know since diluting would not be
needed. >>

		If your Bible is in good shape ...
		Your life probably isn't!

E-Mail - mailto:email @ redacted