[IP] Ketones in my non-diabetic child

Help,  Can anyone shed some light on this for me.  My 5 year old woke up this
a.m. with the fruity breath.  I did a ketone test on his urine and he measured
small.  The glucose in his urine was negative.  I took a blood test and he was
122, post breakfast.  I am alarmed.  Should I be calling my Dr.?  I don't want
them to take a bunch of unnecessary blood tests and subject him to that trauma
if it is not needed.

He has had this ketone smell before but has always tested negative for

Thanks for your help.
Liz (Darren's mom, age 13 1/2, dxd 1/95, started pumping 1/98 MM507)
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted