Re: [IP] Diabetes on TV

LNispumped wrote:
> amil,  i love star trek too, but your post was really scary to me.  please
> don't let diabetes still be around in the 23rd century.  that would be
> inconceivable!  even though i have given up on a cure in my lifetime, surely,
> surely, SURELY they will have a cure by then.  ellen

Dear Ellen:

Sorry, I left out that part. In the novel McCoy says that diabetes was
cured on Earth "hundreds of years ago", sometime in the 21st Century.
In fact, the reason he was able to help the girl deal with her
diabetes-like condition was because he studied anciant medical history
at Starfleet Academy. We may see the good doctor's history in our

Amilcar Vazquez Jr., 934 Hardwick Avenue, Orlando, FL 32825-6639
mailto:email @ redacted (Off.) mailto:email @ redacted
http://www.sistemas.net (Off.) http://www.vazquez.net (Pers.)
ICQ:8907355 ICHAT:avazquez AOL AIM:AVazquez PAGOO:4078237733
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted