[IP] Re: insertions for slim people

Wendy, I had the same concern prior to starting.  I use the Silhouettes
exclusively (or Comforts), but only places I've found with enough fat are a
small region in my abdomen and on the upper buttocks.  I use about a 30
degree angle.  My nurse also said that you didn't have to insert the needle
in all the way.  She said anything past about half way would be fine.  I've
never had one pop out and I'm pretty active.  I keep them in 3 -4 days.
Like Michael's Lily, I like to change the catheters on the same day of the
week.  I change tubing when I change syringes (about every 12 days).  GOOD

At 10:21 PM 5/8/98 -0400, Wendy wrote:

I am starting my pump on Monday.  I am a little scared, but very excited.
 I am a rather slim person with little body fat. Often with injections
I've hit muscle and I am worried about the absorption.  My co. rep gave
me a box of the Comfort sets, plus the other two.  Any last advice?

Wayne Mitzner
615 N. Wolfe St.
Baltimore, MD 21205
Tel. 410 614 5446