Re: [IP] Basal increments

Yes, the disetronic delivers every three minute regardless of what the
basal rate is.  Some people on low basal rates find this to be more
convenient.  The mini-med can only deliver in .1 unit increments because
the deliver is based upon the rotation of the drive arm screw.  For most
people, this wouldn't really make much of a difference anyway.  If the
basal is extremely low, on either pump, the risk of clogging is
increased.  For small children, the use of U-40 insulin might be
preferrred.  The mini-med seems to be a little easier to use, but kids
usually figure things out quicker than we do anyway, so the convenience
of having a waterproof pump and a backup pump in case junior falls and
breaks the pump might be worth it.  It's a personal decision.  I'm on a
mini-med as my doctor insists that the disetronic was just too
difficult.  After playing with both I disagree.  My next pump will
probably be a disetronic as I participate in a lot of water sports.

(hope this helps)