RE: [IP] Basal increments

  On the increments...that's up to the user..(you have to do what you think is best)  for me, the mini-med did the trick...
We are all alike,but different...I'm finding that out more and more every day.....
Before I went on the pump, I did alot of research,but the bottom line is...the pump...it didn't matter which one, was the answer for me.  There are pros and cons to everything and I APPLAUD you for researching it for your child. Just know this....I'm an advocate for children on pumps....I was diagnosed at 10...this will give your child the BEST possible chance at a normal life.......
Good Luck........I know that you're do the right thing for your child....
I, for one am pulling for you.....
Sorry so long !!!!!!!

 Hello everyone..
I have a question...I just found out from a mom of a child pumping that the
diesetronic is capable of delivering basal insulin in increments as little
as .01 (1/100) increments..I had no idea of this fact and in all the
literature I have found and even John Walsh's book I saw no mention of this
fact..I feel that this fact makes the diesetronic a far more precise
instrument and can't really see how anyone would choose the minimed now
given that it can only deliver insulin in .1 (1/10) increments..I had no
idea that the diesetronic delivered basal insulin every three minutes
regardless of the basal rate..To me this seems far more advantageous over
the minimed because at a .3 basal the minimed only delivers every 20
Have any of you considered this fact when choosing?
What's your opinion?
(TJ's Dad)
ps..I hadn't considered this mom to be wrong however my wife seems to think
that the diesetronic is also only capable of 1/10 increments..but this
couldn't be right because the mom told me her son pumps a basal rate of .3
units/hour but gets a delivery every three minutes...

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef