Re: [IP] year 2000 problem

Several of the major airlines have already announced that they will not
have any planes in the air at midnight Y2K.  They say they will stay
grounded until they are sure that their computers and the computers of
Air Traffic Controllers are working properly.  I know that I, for one,
would not want to be up there flying until I was sure!

<< I'm sorry to sound nasty, but what do you personally know about
potential Y2K
problems?  Is it only what you have heard, or have you done any research
yourself?  Being well-versed in computer programming myself, I can
affirm that
there will be problems.  In fact, there already are -- small problems
that are
fluff compared to the potential problems if not corrected or patched
A small example: one of the larger banks issued renewal credit cards
with year
2000 expiration dates.  Guess what happened?  Many "computers"
registers, ATM's etc.) that aren't Y2K compliant couldn't read the
That's just one small problem.  The railroads are also already
problems b/c they forecast 3 years into the future.  3 years from now is
recognized by their systems.  I'm not promoting mayhem or hysteria,
however to
think Y2K compliance is all hype is ignorant.  One area of Y2K
that can affect all diabetics is that delivery of life-sustaining
could be interrupted and delayed.  It is in all of our best interests to
up on supplies.  Just plan ahead, but don't deny that a problem exists
you may very well be left high and dry in the VERY near future.

Kasey >>

		If your Bible is in good shape ...
		Your life probably isn't!

E-Mail - mailto:email @ redacted