Re: [IP] changing reservoirs

Sue W wrote:
> If Silhouettes, Comforts and Tenders are all the same then why are we
> told not to use one brand of pump with another brand of sets?

I think it's really just outdated or not yet updated information. MiniMed
used to only make their own design until they contracted to import Silhouettes,
and Disetronics already had the Tenders and didn't care for the QR at all, so
they, as normal, advised people not to use the other manufacturers products.....

 Is it
> just a brand-name loyalty thing?  I am under the impression that there
> can be a higher risk of clogging and other problems when you combine the
> brands.

No, they both have Luer-Lok connectors and nothing in the actions of
ANY insulin pump could make any difference.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 42 years, use MM506 insulin pump
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted