Re: [IP] Is this when I need the square wave bolus?

Hi Vicki,

According to the MiniMed info I have, the "Square Wave Bolus" doesn't
give you any extra insulin, it just extends the delivery time instead of
delivering it all at once.

<< I've only been pumping for 2 mos and have recently had this
Go to dinner late -- say between 8 and 9 p.m.  Have to confess dinner
had some d**n good onion rings; nice and greasy, the way they should be.

Bolused after eating, since I started out low and thinking I could cope
with some of the delayed digestion.
At 11:00 p.m. (ready for bed) test blood sugar:  98 -- perfect.  Go to
sleep, wake up c. 4:00 a.m. feeling like crap.  Test blood sugar:  306.
My basals are now pretty well set and if I eat normal healthy food and
go to bed with an acceptable blood sugar, I will wake up with an
acceptable blood sugar (or even a tiny bit low).
I think in a case like this I need to usse my square waave bolus, but
I'm not sure.  Do you program it to give more insulin than normal?  I
was thrilled to get a 98 after dinner out, but now I know it will
probably rise significantly overnight.  Can't bolus extra at 11:00 or
I'll be hypoglycemic by midnight.  Advice?
Vicki >>

		If your Bible is in good shape ...
		Your life probably isn't!

E-Mail - mailto:email @ redacted