Re: [IP] complications

In a message dated 5/9/98 8:44:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<<  have a question about complications.  i know they have done the study that
 intensive therapy prevents complications but i wonder by how much.  i have
 diabetes for a long time and have really no major and few minor
complications. >>

Check the ADA and CDC sites for details on the DCCT study.  I think Judy102
said she was part of the study.  I do know that the incidence of retinopathy,
nephropathy and neuropathy was decreased considerably in the intensive managed
groups...pump and MDI versus those on conventional therapy.  I don't have my
resources with me at home so I am unable to give you more specific data.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted